Thursday, October 10, 2019

Hello and Welcome!

After some encouragement from my sweet friend, Candice, I decided to start a blog to help share my love for card making, scrapbooking and crafts. The name of the blog is something that has always cracked me up. My name spelled backwards is "ideas". I was pretty stoked in the 2nd grade when I realized it. On IG, my handle is @saedilikescrafts. I chose the name thinking that I'd put all the crafty things I did on it, but it's been 99% card making.

I'll start with a little introduction. I'm a 38 year old Mom of 6 kids. Mason is 16, Ethan is 15, Aidan is 13, Kellan is 9, Savanna is 8 and Nelda is 5. My husband is Dan, and he and my kids are my joy and purpose in life!



I fell in love with paper crafting when I was about 12 years old. My Mom came home with a bunch of scrapbooking supplies and set me to work creating my own baby scrapbook. I was immediately hooked! I spent years scrapbooking my adventures as a teen, and then as a new Mom. Somewhere around the 3rd kid, I started to lose steam (and time) for what I loved. So I set my supplies aside and focused my time and energy on my family.

Fast forward to the summer of 2018. A friend of mine, Barbara, introduced me to the wonderful world of card making, copic coloring, and Lawn Fawn. The rest is history! I became obsessed with all of it and the obsession just keeps growing! Photography is quite a stretch for me, so I'm working on improving my photography skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment