Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Halloween card for the Lawn Fawn Challenge #62

I made this card specifically for the Lawn Fawn Challenge #61. I loved the colors on the mood board so much, I knew I had to play along. I've never been a Halloween card maker, because I couldn't understand who I'd send a Halloween card to. However, being a part of such a cool crafty community gives you tons of opportunities to give your cards to people who appreciate them as much as I do! Plus, I figured I'd love to use these stamps for scrapbooking too, right?

Just a note, I use ScrapbookPal for most of my card-making purchases because they discount everything, their shipping is amazingly fast and they occasionally have great add on items they give you with your orders, or additional discounts. I love them!!!

So, here it is! I used Lawn Fawn's "Costume Party" stamp and die set. I colored the images with Copic Sketch markers. You can see the Distress Oxides I used to create the fun, colorful background. I used Black Soot, for the edges, then Carved Pumpkin, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio and Twisted Citron. You'll notice I tried to match each costume character with a color in the background that coordinated with their outfits. The background cobweb and spider stamps are an older Close to My Heart set called "Creepy Cobwebs".


I'll show you my only "progress" pic here too. I craft in my basement, in a storage room with no windows that is supposed to be a mini theater someday- haha. Basically, the lighting is terrible, but I do take pictures partway through my cards to make sure I can fit my images the way I want and so I can assemble the card without forgetting where I wanted them. 


Here is the Mood Board photo from Lawn Fawn, so you can see where I got my inspiration. I have another set of cards coming this weekend for this challenge, but I didn't want to post them all at once. You'll see them soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment