Saturday, January 4, 2020

Mama Elephant - I Dream of Books

A while back, my cute friend, Davina, shared this adorable card on IG and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Partly because I adore Harry Potter, and partly because it's just the cutest combo of two stamp sets I've ever seen! Both of these stamp sets come from Mama Elephant and I love them so much! My kids and I love to read fantasy novels, so these sets were a must have for me.
I started off by using my slimline dies from Trinity Stamps to create a large, plain background. I then used my stack of books stamp from the Mama Elephant "Book Worm" set to create a row of books all across the entire card base. I colored the books in the background using pastel rainbow colored copic markers. Then, I used my cloudy sky stencil to lightly ink one large cloud across the top of my card. After my clouds were inked the way I wanted, I used my Mama Elephant "Me and My Dragon" stamp set to create the little images up in the clouds.
 I finished by coloring some cute little critters and books from the Book Worm stamp set and then die cutting them with their coordinating dies. I also added the little thought clouds above some of the little critters heads so you could tell they were imagining the scenes in their books.

I hope you like the way it turned out! I decided to leave it without a sentiment on the front and save words for the inside. That way it could work for any occasion I want. I hope you have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

Saedi

No comments:

Post a Comment