Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Hello Bluebird October Fall Challenge Card #1

I was so excited when I saw the challenge idea from Hello Bluebird Stamps for October. I love their fall stamp sets so much and I love any excuse I can find to play with them! 
I decided I didn't want to go with traditional fall colors, since I knew that's what most of the cards in the challenge would be. I thought it would be fun to do something like a dark blue sky. Then I thought how pretty blue and gold would be. So I started with inking a dark blue background using my Distress Oxide inks in Chipped Sapphire and Salty Ocean. Next, I stamped leaves from Pumpkin Time, Leaf Play and Fall Banner Buddies on the background in different shades of blue and black.
Then, I spattered the background with gold paint, then used dots of Ranger Multi Matte Medium to adhere small dark blue chunky glitter. I stamped images from Fall Banner Buddies and Pumpkin Patch. I started by coloring them with a blue copic marker around the edges so they wouldn't stand out like most die cut images do, with the white border. I didn't want them exactly the same blue, but I wanted them to blend slightly. Then I colored my images with only a few copic markers, since I wanted to keep the color palette simple.
Finally, I die cut the word "grateful" from Hello Bluebirds "Thankful for You Word Dies". I used my Versamark ink pad to make the word sticky, then covered it in gold embossing powder and heat set it. Then I assembled the card!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me on my IG account @saedilikescrafts
Thanks, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment