Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Wizard of Oz Card - using Lawn Fawn stamps

My 5 year old daughter and I watched "The Wizard of Oz" together the other day. I was amazed at how into it she was. She loved watching the witch, the scarecrow and Dorothy so much. It cracked me up how literally she took everything that happened in it. I've always loved old movies, especially musicals, so it was so fun to share something like that with her. Naturally, as we watched, I found my mind straying to my stamp sets and thinking, "Hey, I could make that with these stamps", so here we are. 

I used quite a few stamp sets to create this card. Bicycle Built for You, Village Shops, Happy Village, Rain or Shine, Costume Party and Critters Ever After. I didn't have to modify any of them. I did draw the witches legs sticking out from under the house and I drew (scribbled) the tornado by hand. I love the black and white side of the card so much and I love the shoes underneath the house. I wish I had made the yellow brick road bigger, you can barely see it! Other than that, I really enjoyed this card. 
Here's a little peak of it while I was arranging all the pieces and deciding where everything would go. I usually have to move things around a few times before I commit to using my adhesive.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me on my IG account @saedilikescrafts
Thanks, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment