Saturday, November 9, 2019

BRI Mood Board Mountain Thanks Card

When I saw the Butterfly Reflections Ink Mood Board for November, my eyes were immediately drawn to one image on the board. It was a gorgeous mountain and sky scene and I knew at once I wanted to try to recreate it with some of my dies. I never make cards without any stamps, so this was a huge departure for me, but I love how it turned out. 
 I used Hello Bluebird's Glacier Peaks dies to cut out several sets of mountains. Then I cut them all with my circle dies. I used one of my smallest circle dies to mask off the moon in the background, then I inked up the background circle with Distress Oxide inks in peacock feathers, black soot and a little bit of chipped sapphire.
 I used my Versamark ink to ink up two sets of the mountains and I added gold embossing powder to one and white glitter to another. I inked up the final mountain in black soot Distress Oxide Ink. Finally, I cut out the word, "thanks" from Hello Bluebird and added it to the front of my circles. I used my Ranger Multi Matte Medium adhesive to adhere it all together, then attached to to a square, white card base.





No comments:

Post a Comment