Monday, December 16, 2019

You Color My World-Crayon Card



Hello cute crafters!

This card was simple and super fun to make! I keep thinking I should make a bunch like it to give to teachers for the end of the school year. I just can’t get enough of these cute little Lawn Fawn crayons!


1.     I started by stamping my crayon image from the Lawn Fawn “Color My World” set, 8 times onto white cardstock, and coloring the crayons with Copic markers.
2.     Then, I cut them out with the coordinating die. It’s so nice to only have one die to keep track of!!!
3.     Next, I cut a piece of Lawn Fawn’s “Really Rainbow” petite paper pack to a standard A2 size. If you enjoy making anything rainbow, you NEED these papers! I also cut a plain piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than the rainbow paper for my base.
4.     I arranged my crayons around the edges of my white cardstock, hanging some off the edges for fun. Then, I trimmed the edges that hung off with my scissors. I also added a few white details to the crayons using my Signo Uni Ball white gel pen.
5.     I stamped the “You Color My World” sentiment onto the white space on the bottom left corner, using several different Distress Oxide Ink colors, so it would be colorful.
6.     Finally, I finished it off with some Crystal Nuvo drops in different colors. Here’s a fun trick for you. I didn’t have Nuvo drops in purple, so I just colored a few purple spots with a purple Copic marker, then covered them with Nuvo drops in Morning Dew, which dries clear. It worked out so great!


Have I mentioned how much I love stamp sets that can stretch so far? It’s so great to have one tiny stamp set that can do so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment